Dive boat Downunder and its crew, took part in the topographical and bathometric survey of the Queens Beach bay, near Canj. We were approached by the Belgian based company Mg3 to provide logistical support and dive services for the project. Project was a part of the geological and marine survey for the development of the Queens Beech that includes hotel resort and the marina.
The work included:
- Placement of the 3 autonomous seabed monitoring units (30 day monitoring)
- Collecting bottom samples
- Swath bathymetry of the seabed
- Video recording of the seabed
- Installation of the weather station
- Installation of the tide monitoring station
These types of surveys are performed to make sure that the proposed structures can be placed in the safe and sustained manner. Subsequently, biological marine surveys are performed to determine if the proposed structures will impact any marine life.